Our Name: Charis Community Church
Charis is an English spelling of the Greek word for grace. Add community, now you have a grace community, or community of grace. Community also represents our desire to be a community of grace for all people. Charis Community Church = a community of grace, receiving and offering the grace of Jesus to all people.
Vision & Mission
One word vision and mission statement: Jesus.
- We exist to worship and follow Jesus (vision) and call others to do the same (mission).
- Plural leadership team that is moving toward having a full-time pastor(s) (Lord willing, and as the church is ready and able).
- Leadership team does primary leadership of church (with input from entire church), and equips the church to do the work of ministry.
- Annual congregational meeting for major items such as approval of budget/financial plan. Congregation could remove leaders by 2/3rd majority vote if needed.
- Men are added to leadership team by nomination from the leadership team and affirmation by 2/3rd majority vote of members. They can be removed in a similar manner (or by congregation alone, as mentioned).
- Congregational autonomy with input and accountability from outside of our church. Open to that being either formal or informal affiliation, whatever best serves the church.