What We Believe
The Bible is God's Word, and our aim is to live as God teaches us in His Word. Here are a few examples of things we believe the Bible teaches.
- The Bible is God-breathed, authoritative, inerrant. It's one unified story with Jesus as the focus.
- Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus, and results in ongoing repentance and a changed life. The gospel is not only the power to come to Christ but also the power to grow in Christ, and it's at the core of everything we do.
- The Trinity
- Believer's baptism
- Free will and assurance of salvation (more Arminian than Calvinist)
- Equal but different in gender roles (soft complementarian)
- Gender is determined by God, not chosen or changed by us.
- Marriage is intended to be between one man and one woman for life.
- Sex is reserved only for marriage.
- Human life is sacred and to be ended by God, not us.
- We must choose love instead of retaliation, blessing, not cursing.